Over 75,000 community members are served through Ravinia's REACH*TEACH*PLAY Programs each year, ensuring that music education remains accessible to all. Our programs are designed to educate, foster diverse audience involvement and ensure under-served populations access to live music experiences in their communities and at Ravinia.
Get to know our Reach*Teach*Play students!
Learn More About REACH*TEACH*PLAY Programs
A sampling of our REACH*TEACH*PLAY initiatives
- Music education programs for 18,000 public school students
- Lawndale Family Music School: Tuition-free family music school offering classes in variety of instruments
- Music Discovery Program:Music education for over 4,500 K–3rd grade children in under-resourced Chicago Public Schools
- Sistema Ravinia Orchestra Program: Free instruments and ongoing music instruction for youth
- Guest Artists in the Classroom: Musicians performing for young children in their schools
- Jazz Mentor Program: Leading jazz musicians mentoring and coaching talented high-school students
- One Score, One Chicago: Cultivating students' love for classical music selections performed in schools and at Ravinia
- Opportunity Lawn Pass Program: Providing access to concerts through partnerships with 200 social service agencies
- Ravinia Days: Opportunity for thousands of participating students to perform on Ravinia’s stage
- Ravinia's KidsLawn: A fun, interactive musical play space on Ravinia's grounds