Over 85,000 community members are served through Ravinia's REACH*TEACH*PLAY® Programs each year, ensuring that music education remains accessible to all. Our programs are designed to educate, foster diverse audience involvement, and provide the population with equitable access to live music experiences in their communities and at Ravinia.
Get to know our Reach Teach Play® students!
A sampling of our REACH TEACH PLAY® initiatives
- Music education programs for 18,000 public school students
- Lawndale Family Music School: Tuition-free family music school offering classes in variety of instruments
- Music Discovery
Program :Musiceducation for over 4,500 K– 3 rd gradechildren in under-resourced Chicago Public Schools
- Sistema Ravinia Orchestra Program: Free instruments and ongoing music instruction for youth
- Guest Artists in the Classroom: Musicians performing for young children in their schools
- Jazz Scholar Program: Talented student jazz musicians from Chicago Public High Schools guided by the finest Jazz Mentors
- One Score, One Chicago: Cultivating students' love for classical music selections performed in schools and at Ravinia
- Opportunity Lawn Pass Program: Providing access to concerts through partnerships with 200 social service agencies
- Ravinia Days: Opportunity for thousands of participating students to perform on Ravinia’s stage
- Ravinia's KidsLawn: A fun, interactive musical play space on Ravinia's grounds
Teacher Profile: Arlington Bugler, Monica Benson
Support and Donations
Learn how you can assist Ravinia's music education programs and join the growing list of supporters helping to ensure that Chicago's children have access to these meaningful, transformative programs.