Commitment to Privacy
The Information We Collect and How We Use It
Ravinia may collect the following types of information through Ravinia.org:
- Identifying Information – When you sign up for a MyRavinia account, we ask you for personal information, such as your name, email address and an account password. Ravinia uses this information to fulfill your requests for our programs and services, to respond to your inquiries about our offerings, and to offer you other programs or services that we believe may be of interest to you. During ticket purchases or other online transactions, we also request credit card or other payment account information which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers.
- Contests, Sweepstakes and Special Offers – From time to time, Ravinia will conduct various contests, sweepstakes, or other special offers. If you choose to participate in a contest, sweepstakes, or special offer through Ravinia.org, we may ask you to submit certain personal identifying information, such as your name, address, age and other information, in connection with that offering. This information may be used to contact you or to provide you or other users with a more personalized service going forward.
- Log information – When you access any of the areas within Ravinia.org, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a Web site. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address (the IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are accessing the Internet), browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. This information does not include personally identifiable information. We may use this data to assist us in evaluating the usefulness of our Web site as well as improve our services to you and other users in the future.
- Cookies – Our web servers may seek (as many Web sites do) to place a "cookie" (a small data file) on your computer's hard drive that allows the server to determine the computer when it visits again, in order to track statistical information about navigation to and throughout certain areas of our Web site. This cookie is not used to obtain your name or any personal data, and the information that is tracked is used only for internal purposes, such as to improve Web site navigation. If you prefer not to accept cookies, you can set your web browser to reject them or to alert you before one is placed, but some features and services on the Ravinia Web site may not function properly if you disable cookies.
- User communications – When you send email or other communications to Ravinia, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to requests and improve our services.
- Links – Ravinia may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our Web site and services.
- Ravinia processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America only.
Information We Disclose to Third Parties
Ravinia may use or disclose the information you provide about yourself to our contractors, agents and suppliers to fulfill your requests for our programs and services or in connection with the operation of this site. In addition, Ravinia may from time to time exchange names and mailing addresses with other not-for-profit organizations in the Chicagoland area for one-time use only. We may also disclose personally identifiable information in response to legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. However, except as described above, Ravinia never trades, exchanges or sells email addresses or phone numbers with any other third party.
In addition, provided information is aggregated and does not identify you, you hereby acknowledge and consent to the use and distribution by Ravinia of any information obtained from you in a report that may be distributed to third parties in the ordinary course of Ravinia’s business and for research and statistical purposes.
You may opt out of having your personal information collected by Ravinia, used by Ravinia for secondary purposes, disclosed to third parties or used by Ravinia or third parties to send promotional correspondences to you, by contacting Ravinia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In an effort to protect your personal information we have implemented a number of safeguards. We operate secure data networks protected by industry-standard firewall and password protection systems. Access to information is restricted to authorized persons. Additionally, when your personal information is collected through our Web site, it is encrypted using industry-standard Secure Socket Layer ("SSL") technology. We periodically review our security policies and update them as necessary.
Access to and Ability to Correct Personal Data
Upon request via postal mail, e-mail, or phone, Ravinia will provide you with a summary your personal information retained by Ravinia. You may modify, correct, change, or update your personal record or cause your personal record to be removed from Ravinia's database. Ravinia will only send personal records to the e-mail address on file for the name associated with it.
Collection of Personal Data from Children
In general, Ravinia.org is not intended for or marketed to persons under the age of 18. Certain areas of Ravinia’s Web site are marketed towards children. We take the privacy of your children very seriously and recognize the need to provide additional privacy protections for children under the age of 13 who visit our Web site.
Ravinia encourages parents and guardians to spend time online with their children.