Register now for the July 27, 2019 picnic contest!
Elaborate and elegant picnics are part of the ambiance and tradition at Ravinia. Here is your opportunity to show off your creative talents. Daring designs, sterling silver flatware, candelabras, unique flower arrangements—bring it on! We want to see who can create the Ultimate Picnic here at Ravinia.
A Ravinia picnic would not be complete without wine, so please remember to include Sanford Vineyards wines and other favorite Terlato wines in your Ultimate Picnic tablescape. Sanford Vineyards and other Terlato wines are sold throughout the season at most retailers around the Chicago area. Terlato wines are available at all Ravinia restaurants, in the Ravinia Market and the FanFare Carts. You can learn more about the Terlato family of brands by clicking here.
The DIY Ultimate Picnic Contest will take place on Saturday, July 27, prior to the CSO concert. Registration for the contest is required and limited to the first 50 who apply here. The top prize will be a season lawn pass for two for the 2020 Ravinia season, and several runner-up prizes will also be awarded.
Grand prize winner will receive:
One season lawn pass (admits 2) for the 2020 Ravinia season.
Three runners-up will receive:
VIP Picnic baskets filled with Ultimate Picnic items, including Sanford Vineyard wines and other picnic goodies.
Space is limited to the first 50 participants!
Register online by sending your name, address, phone number, and age to email@example.com.
Picnics are judged based on the following:
Design of picnic display (40%)
We judge partially based on design, so challenge yourself to be truly unique while conceptualizing your picnic.
Creativity of the picnic (30%)
Embrace your creative side with a theme, common thread, or motif to enhance your picnic’s “wow” factor. The little details can make all the difference!
Use of lawn space (20%)
We'll be looking for innovative ways to use limited space wisely. Think tiers and towers when it comes to buffet service. The maximum table size is four feet. For more park restrictions to keep in mind when planning your Ultimate picnic click here.
Use of Sanford Vineyard wines and other wines from the Terlato Wines portfolio (10%)
Ravinia Ultimate Picnic Contest OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST CONSUMER DISCLOSURE
You have not yet won.
- Contest takes place on 7/27/19 at Ravinia Park from the time the park opens at 5 p.m. until 7:15 p.m. To enter, send your name, address, phone, email and age to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries must be the original work of the entrant and not infringe the rights of any third party. Ravinia is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Ravinia’s servers or elsewhere. Terlato Wines (sponsor) and Ravinia (administrator), in their sole discretion, reserve the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the web site. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Terlato Wines and Ravinia. Terlato Wines and Ravinia further reserve the right to cancel, terminate, or modify any promotion not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- All entries will be judged based on overall design of picnic display (40%), overall creativity of the picnic (30%), use of lawn space (20%), and use of Sanford Wines and other wines from the Terlato Wines portfolio (10%), by representatives of Terlato Wines and other judges on or about 7/27/19. The entry with the highest overall score will be declared the potential winner and will be notified at the event on 7/27/19. All decisions of the judges are final and binding in all respects. The Grand Prize is one season lawn pass (admits two) to the 2020 Ravinia Season. Approximate retail value of the prize $4,000.00. Ground transportation, meals, and all other charges are not included. Pass is for 2020 Ravinia Season only. If winner is unable to use the pass for that timeframe, winner forfeits the prize and an alternate winner will be selected. Must be present at time of announcement to win.
- Income and other taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winners.
- Your picnic will be photographed during this contest. Admission serves as consent for Ravinia to capture and use your photo, image and/or voice in Ravinia’s promotional materials.
- Contest open to legal residents of Illinois who are 21 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees of Sponsor, Administrator and their affiliates and immediate families are not eligible.
- Subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void outside Illinois and where prohibited. Any violation of these rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this contest, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel this promotion based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability.
- Prize not transferable. No substitutions for prize except by Sponsor in which case a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted.
- All entries become the property of Terlato Wines and Ravinia and will not be acknowledged or returned. By providing your e-mail address, you grant Terlato Wines and Ravinia the right to send you commercial messages and share your address with others, unless specified otherwise as indicated on the entry form.
- Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of prize constitutes consent to use each winner and companions’ names and likenesses in any photographs taken for advertising and publicity purposes, without further compensation; (ii) potential winners may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and liability/publicity/copyright permission release; (iii) potential winners (and companions) may be required to execute releases of Terlato Wines from any and all liability with respect to participation in the contest and/or use of the prize. (iv) potential winners (and companions) may be required to submit verification of date of birth. Affidavits and releases must be returned within two (2) days of attempted notification or an alternate winner may be chosen.
- For the name of the winners, check the website www.ravinia.org/page/picniccontest on or about 8/5/2019. The Administrator of this contest is Ravinia, 418 Sheridan Road, Highland Park, IL 60035. The Sponsor of this sweepstakes is Terlato Wines, 2401 Waukegan Road, Bannockburn, IL 60015.