Ravinia Festival Association Official Contest Rules
All contests are administered by Ravinia Festival Association, located at 418 Sheridan Road, Highland Park, IL 60035. Ravinia Festival can be reached during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, at 847-266-5000. Online inquiries regarding all contests can be made to email@example.com.
A winner must provide his/her legal name, address and telephone number to claim a prize. In some cases, a legal form of ID is required and must be presented in order to claim a prize.
1. Contest Entry
Entries must be received in the correct requested format (i.e. e-mail, U.S. mail, social media comment/reply, photograph, video) as stated by the original contest announcement.
All participants and winners must be 21 years of age or older, unless otherwise posted. Contests are open only to legal residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, unless otherwise posted. All contests will be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, and all participants and winners consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Illinois for any disputes arising out of the contest.
Multiple entries will not be considered; one entry per person.
Ravinia Festival is not responsible for incomplete, lost or incorrect entries, correspondence sent but not received due in part by technical malfunction or human error. Entries are void if unreadable, inaccurate, incomplete, forged, mechanically reproduced or otherwise not in agreement with these rules. To qualify, an entry must be received in full by the stated deadline. No late entry will be accepted. Ravinia Festival reserves the right to cancel, modify any date(s) or deadline(s) or suspend a contest for any reason, at any time, without liability.
Except where prohibited by law, by participating in this contest:
- (1) Participants agree to be bound by these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of Ravinia Festival. By participating in this contest, participants acknowledge that Ravinia Festival’s decisions will be final in all matters, including interpretation of these Official Contest Rules and the awarding of any prizes. Participants must follow the rules and guidelines of the original contest announcement to be eligible to participate in the contest;
- (2) Participants understand that their submission (photograph, comment, testimony, statement) becomes the property of Ravinia Festival and will not be returned. By submitting an entry, a participant grants to Ravinia Festival a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free license to use their submission in any manner, including for publicity and promotion by Ravinia Festival; and
- (3) Participants agree to release and hold harmless Ravinia Festival, and its respective affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with their participation in this contest or any prize won. Further, participants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Ravinia Festival, its affiliates, and each of their employees, representatives, contractors, sponsors and advertisers, from any and all liability, loss, damage, costs or claims related to the publication of their submission and/or entry information.
Unless otherwise posted, no purchase shall be required to participate in a contest. If participation in a contest is offered only to those who have purchased tickets or merchandise from Ravinia Festival, then no additional amount shall be required to be paid to participate in the contest.
Winners will be chosen from all valid entries received. Depending on the nature of the contest, winners will be selected at random or upon review by Ravinia Festival staff in accordance with the guidelines for that contest. Odds of winning are determined by the number of valid entries received, by the most applicable creative content sent by entrant or such other factors determined by Ravinia Festival in its sole discretion.
Contest winners will be notified within five (5) business days of the close of the contest, by e-mail and/or telephone. Due to time sensitivity of performance dates, failure to respond within three (3) days from such notification may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate contest winner(s). Contest prizes must be accepted as awarded and are non-transferable or redeemable for cash.
No prize substitutions will be accepted or will be available. If you cannot accept a prize, you will not be awarded a replacement prize. Neither Ravinia Festival or its employees may be held liable for any loss occurred by their inability or unwillingness to substitute prizes, dates or events.
A winner must provide their legal name, address and telephone number to claim any prize. In some instances, a legal form of identification may be required to claim a prize.
Winners agree to be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to acceptance of a prize.
By accepting a prize, winners consent to the use of their name, voice, photograph image, likeness, biographical data and any information contained in their submission in advertising, promotion and marketing materials throughout the world in any media, whether now or in the future, including on the Internet and/or on Ravinia Festival’s Web Site, by Ravinia Festival, its promotional partners and third-party marketing entities, except where prohibited by law. This consent extends to photography from winner presentations or artist meet and greets that include the image or likeness of the winner, which may be reproduced for use on the Ravinia Festival blog, social-networking sites, printed program book or for other purposes at the sole discretion of Ravinia Festival.
Employees, Trustees and Associates of Ravinia Festival Association are prohibited from winning any prizes.
Occasionally promotional prizes may differ slightly from the description. If a promotional prize becomes completely unavailable, a similar prize or a Ravinia Gift Certificate of equal value may be substituted.
3. Meet and Greet Rules and Restrictions
Backstage winners must present a legal form of I.D. in order to collect the necessary pass and credentials. No guests under the age of 21 will be admitted, unless otherwise stated in the contest rules in connection with a particular concert.
Winners should provide a valid cell phone number to reach them the night of the concert to update them of any changes.
Winners should arrive on time. No guests will be allowed backstage after the designated meet and greet time.
Each winner will be allowed ONE (1) guest to accompany him/her backstage. Extra guests are not permitted. Failure to adhere to this restriction may result in a loss of meet and greet privileges.
The meet and greet is at the discretion of the artist or artists and can be subject to change at any time without notice (including up to the time of the performance).
Photographs are at the discretion of the artist. Each winner will be allowed either ONE (1) photograph with the artist or ONE (1) autograph.* Winners will be given instructions just before the meet and greet. Photographs will be provided by a Ravinia Festival staff member, unless otherwise advised.
In some cases, the artist(s) will only autograph authorized tour merchandise. Autographs are at the discretion of the artist, who may elect to end the signing at any point. Purchase of official licensed merchandise is highly recommended for artist signings, and in some cases, artists require in-park purchase. Your purchase does not guarantee an autograph.
Winners must stay with the designated Ravinia Festival staff member accompanying him/her backstage. Winners are not permitted to any food or beverage backstage or to touch any property backstage.
Failure to abide by these rules and regulations shall result in dismissal from the meet and greet and possible removal from the concert. Rude, inappropriate or disruptive behavior will result in the revocation of backstage access and removal from the concert.
The following restrictions apply to all prizes:
- Prizes are not transferable.
- No prize can be exchanged or redeemed for cash or credit.
- No substitutions are permitted.
- Ravinia Festival reserves the right to void any contest or prize at any time, without notice or liability.
- Occasionally promotional prizes may differ slightly from the description. If a promotional prize becomes completely unavailable, a similar prize or a Ravinia Gift Certificate of equal value may be substituted.
The following specific restrictions apply by type of prize:
The following applies to all tickets, or passes, unless otherwise noted:
- Each ticket is a revocable license. Admission is subject to those terms, conditions and policies established by Ravinia Festival from time to time.
- All programs and artists are subject to cancellation or change without notice.
- A performance may be cancelled in its entirety, with no replacement performance schedule.
- With respect to reserved tickets, latecomers will be seated at the discretion of the management.
- No children under seven years of age will be admitted to reserved seats, unless it is a designated children’s concert.
- No rain checks are issued. Dated tickets may not be exchanged for any other performance. Performances go on rain or shine.
- Admission serves as consent for Ravinia Festival to capture and use your photo, image and/or voice in Ravinia Festival’s promotional materials.
b. Lawn Passes
The following restrictions apply to lawn passes:
- A GREEN lawn pass is valid for two lawn admissions to any concert in the 2018 season, including sold-out events. The pass is NOT valid for the Gala Benefit on July 15, 2018. Present pass at the gate on the day of the event. The pass may be upgraded on the evening of the performance to available reserved seating on payment of the difference in price between reserved and lawn tickets.
- The BLUE Classical lawn pass is valid for two lawn admissions to any classical concert that is not sold out during the 2018 season. The pass is NOT valid for the Gala Benefit on July 29, 2018. Present pass at the gate on the day of the event. The pass may be upgraded on the evening of the performance to available reserved seating on payment of the difference in price between reserved and lawn tickets. CHECK AHEAD to find out availability of use or for expected sell-outs by visiting www.ravinia.org or calling 847-266-5100.
- Passes cannot be exchanged for dated tickets, and may only be used at the gate on the evening of the performance.
c. Ravinia Gifts
The following restrictions apply to Ravinia gifts:
- None of Ravinia Festival or its employees or sponsors may be held liable for any lost or damaged items.
- None of Ravinia Festival or its employees or sponsors may be held liable for any damages or loss incurred from the use of prize products.
- In its sole discretion, Ravinia Festival may substitute a gift if the original prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances.