Ravinia®, North America's oldest music festival, stands today as its most musically diverse, presenting over 140 different events throughout the summer. These concerts run the gamut from Yo-Yo Ma to John Legend to the annual summer residency of the nation's finest orchestra, the Chicago Symphony Orchestra.
The 36-acre park is nestled in a gently wooded area that makes it an enchanting place to experience music. Guests can bring their own picnics or eat at one of the park restaurants.
Ravinia® is an internationally renowned, not-for-profit music festival that presents outstanding performances by the world’s greatest artists. Ravinia’s principal objectives are:
• To present performances of a full range of classical music in its open-air Pavilion and enclosed recital halls, by the world’s greatest composers and musicians, along with a variety of other kinds of light classical, jazz and popular music;
• To maintain a beautiful park that is welcoming to all and attractive to families in which the music experience is enhanced by a beautiful environment and excellent dining opportunities;
• To enable gifted young performers to study under great teachers and perform in concert settings; and
• To develop broader and more diverse audiences for classical music through education and community engagement programs and by maintaining affordable ticket prices.
No Street Parking
Please remember that Ravinia® is located within a residential neighborhood. Parking on the residential streets surrounding Ravinia is strictly prohibited. Highland Park Police will issue tickets to violators. The fine is $100. Click here for more info on parking.
Our Park map shows the locations of Venues, Parking, Festival Shop and Dining Options.
Get important information on our ticket policy.
100 percent of the trash at Ravinia is hand-sifted for recyclables.
Lost & Found
For Lost and Found inquiries, please call the box office at 847-266-5100.
A First Aid Station is located just north of the Pavilion, where a nurse and physician are on duty at every performance. Please contact the nearest usher if you need assistance. The First Aid Station can be reached by calling 847-266-5000 Ext. 5196.
Ravinia Festival® is proud to have been the nation’s first outdoor festival to create a smoke-free concert environment starting in 1995.
On January 1, 2008, the City of Highland Park, in support of the Smoke Free Illinois Act, expanded their local smoking prohibition to include outdoor parking lots, public parks, and the Green Bay Road Trail that runs in front of our main West Gate entrance.
Ravinia Festival® supports the City of Highland Park in their Smoke Free efforts and is pleased to offer patrons two designated smoking areas, one located at the West Gate entrance and one located in the North parking lot.
Please note that these are the only two areas in which smoking will be permitted by law. Smoking is prohibited on all other festival grounds and in the Park and Ride loading areas.
Ravinia prohibits smoking, vaping and cannabis use. Guests will be asked to return marijuana products to their cars or surrender them to on-site police for destruction. Thank you.
Ravinia’s policy on E-Cigarettes and vapor devices is to treat them in the same manner as regular cigarettes, which is to say that their use is restricted to the designated smoking areas located in the North Lot and outside the West Gate, respectively.
Any item deemed harmful or unsafe by Ravinia Festival is prohibited.
While your comfort and enjoyment of a night out at Ravinia are our top priorities, we prohibit guests from bringing the following items into the park:
1. Firearms or explosives (including those possessed by off-duty officers or concealed carry license holders)
2. Professional photographic and video or audio recording equipment
4. Beer kegs
5. Athletic equipment (e.g., balls and flying discs)
6. Bicycles, scooters, or skates (bike racks can be found outside the west and south entrances)
7. Pets (service animals are permitted)
8. Tents or canopies
9. Umbrellas over six feet in diameter
10. Anything that needs to be staked into the ground
11. Drones or other flying apparatus
12. Firepits or large open flames
Call the box office (847-266-5100) with any questions.
Ravinia does not censor or control the content created by guest artists. If you have sensitivities to adult language or socio-political commentary, please be aware of the artists’ work before purchasing tickets to and/or attending their performances.