Important 2021 Information
We are continuing to work closely with our government and medical partners on how to safely reopen the park in 2021 and will have additional details to share at a later date.
Established in 1904 as an attraction intended to lure riders from the fledgling Chicago & Milwaukee Electric Railroad, the not-for-profit Ravinia stands today as not only North America’s oldest outdoor music festival but also one of its most musically diverse. Located in the heart of Highland Park, IL, Ravinia spreads across nearly 36 acres and features three unique performance venues, the open-air Pavilion, the iconic Martin Theatre (the last remaining building from our original construction), and the intimate Bennett Gordon Hall.
Whether you want to see current chart-toppers, classic rock legends, or take in a performance by the nation’s finest orchestra, the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, Ravinia has something for everyone.
• Charitable contributions to Ravinia are not refundable and do not guarantee any benefits or specific concert seating at any level.
• Tickets may be purchased by phone or in person at the Ravinia box office during the hours listed here.
• Ravinia does not censor or control the content created by guest artists. If you have sensitivities to adult language or socio-political commentary, please be aware of the artists’ work before purchasing tickets to and/or attending their performances.
• If you are unable to use your reserved-seat or lawn tickets, please consider giving them back to the not-for-profit Ravinia as a tax-deductible donation. Donations of unused tickets are accepted in-person or by phone up until the listed start time of the performance.
• Ravinia is an open-air venue that cannot guarantee refuge for all guests should severe weather occur.
• You can find an audio weather forecast from our friends at Accuweather here every concert day.
• If you received tickets from Ravinia and they are lost or damaged, call the box office (847-266-5100) for replacement.
• Ravinia offers free lawn admission to children and students through college to many of its concerts. Learn more here.
• Ravinia’s Steans Music Institute presents more than a dozen free concerts and master classes throughout the summer in Bennett Gordon Hall and around the Chicago area. See a list of dates, times, and locations here.
Ticket prices for reserved seats in the Pavilion and Martin Theatre often vary depending on the seat location in the venue. Typically, higher-priced tickets are located closer to the stage or the center of the venue. The premium-priced box seats in the Pavilion provide more flexible and comfortable seating as well as easier access.
In addition, on select lawn screen concerts, a large video screen on the north lawn provides views of the artists or film being shown.
• The Martin Theatre is an indoor venue, and though the concert audio is broadcast to the lawn, there is no view of the stage from the lawn.
• Bennett Gordon Hall is an indoor venue and Ravinia does not broadcast its performances to the lawn. Bennett Gordon Hall tickets do not provide lawn admission; guests must present separate Pavilion or Martin Theatre concert tickets for the same day to exit the venue to the lawn.
Planning Your Ravinia Experience
Be aware that added security measures may slow down an entry line, so please plan accordingly.
RAVINIA IS A NO-SMOKING JOINT: Ravinia prohibits smoking, vaping and cannabis use. Guests will be asked to return marijuana products to their cars or surrender them to on-site police for destruction.
• Don’t want to lug around chairs or a table in addition to your picnic? You can rent both for a night at the Wintrust Chair and Table Rental tent north of the Martin Theatre. Chair and table rentals may also be reserved online when purchasing tickets or as an add-on up until 8:00 p.m. on the night before your concert. Reservations are recommended for popular concerts, as walk-up rentals are not guaranteed to be available.
• Worried you might forget something or get hungry for more? Check out our The Festival Shop for a range of picnic accessories, from chairs and blankets to cheese boards and drinkware. You can also supplement or build your picnic at the Ravinia Market, offering hot and chilled main and side dishes, or grab a drink or a sweet treat from carts around the park on Pavilion concert nights.
• RAVINIA IS A NO-SMOKING JOINT: Ravinia prohibits smoking, vaping and cannabis use. Guests will be asked to return marijuana products to their cars or surrender them to on-site police for destruction.
• While your comfort and enjoyment of a night out at Ravinia are our top priorities, we prohibit guests from bringing the following items into the park:
1. Firearms or explosives (including those possessed by off-duty officers or concealed carry license holders)
2. Professional photographic and video or audio recording equipment
4. Beer kegs
5. Athletic equipment (e.g., balls and flying discs)
6. Bicycles, scooters, or skates (bike racks can be found outside the west and south entrances)
7. Pets (service animals are permitted)
8. Tents or canopies
9. Umbrellas over six feet in diameter
10. Anything that needs to be staked into the ground
11. Drones or other flying apparatus
12. Firepits or large open flames
• Be considerate!
Getting to Ravinia
• Parking in Ravinia’s main (west) lot is free for concerts in the Martin Theatre and Bennett Gordon Hall, as well as for all Kids Concerts and dance performances. Park and Ride lots and shuttles are not in service for these events.
• Parking in Ravinia’s south lot is free for Bennett Gordon Hall concerts that are the only scheduled event at Ravinia that day and for matinee events presented by Ravinia’s Steans Music Institute. Click here for directions.
• Guests attending Bennett Gordon Hall concerts during the fall, winter, or spring must debark Metra trains at either the “Braeside” or “Ravinia” stops.
2. “Braeside” Metra train station (¼ mile from Ravinia)
3. “Ravinia” Metra train station (½ mile from Ravinia)
• Vehicles displaying a Ravinia Priority Parking Permit or a valid handicap parking permit may also drop guests off at the following two locations:
2. Ravinia’s north parking lot (inbound access allowed up until 30 minutes prior to the end of the performance)
• Highland Park Police and Ravinia staff may need to redirect vehicles for various reasons.
• Drop-offs are not allowed on public streets, and the driver will be subject to a $100 ticket by the Highland Park Police Department.
2. The main (west) parking lot
• The number of handicap-accessible parking spots is limited, so plan to arrive early. Regular parking rates apply.
• Ravinia’s free Park and Ride shuttle service is handicap accessible. Click here for more information about the Park and Ride service.
• Ravinia provides a motorized cart service for in-park transportation assistance at select concerts. Click here for more information about these services.
Marijuana: Ravinia prohibits smoking, vaping and cannabis use. Guests will be asked to return marijuana products to their cars or surrender them to on-site police for destruction. Thank you.
• At select classical concerts, artist merchandise can be found inside The Festival Shop or in the lobby outside Bennett Gordon Hall. You can find a full Ravinia park map here.
• Guests attending Bennett Gordon Hall concerts during the fall, winter, or spring must board Metra trains at either the “Braeside” or “Ravinia” stops.