Ravinia’s expansive lawn offers an informal and comfortable place to picnic while enjoying concerts. Bring your own picnic and beverages or visit our variety of on-site restaurants and kiosks. Stretch out on a blanket you bring, or rent lawn chairs and tables from us.
Views: The pavilion stage is not within view of the lawn (well, most areas anyways). Never fear, you can still hear! All concerts in the Pavilion and Martin Theatre are broadcast to the lawn via a state-of-the-art sound system.
Lawn Screens: A large video screen is also available on the south lawn for select concerts. Choose the premium reserved lawn option to ensure best views of this screen.
Movie Nights: For movie nights, a large video screen on the North Lawn will be made available in addition to the Pavlilion screens which are viewable from the South Lawn.
Lawn Reserved Blocks: Convenient reserved space for 2, 4, or 6 on a premium section of the Lawn comes with an immersive view of the video screen on the back of the Pavilion to see the performance onstage. Limited availability, only at Pavilion events
Help keep the park beautiful
Please do not bring:
- Firepits or large open flames
- Beer kegs
- Athletic equipment (e.g., footballs, baseball, flying discs)
- Bicycles, scooters, or inline skates (bike racks are located outside of the box office)
- Pets (Service animals are permitted)
- Umbrellas over six feet in diameter
- Canopies of any size
- Anything that needs to be staked into the ground
- Personal stereos
- Photographic, video, or audio recording equipment
Any item deemed harmful or unsafe by Ravinia Festival is prohibited.